Chancellor's Office Hour Chat Links
Chancellor Judy Miner holds a weekly (every other week during the summer) virtual office hour on Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. to give students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to share their thoughts and ask questions. Links to resources the chancellor mentions during her office hours are posted below for easy reference.
Multicultural Staff Association Revival - Social Hour Friday, April 23, at 4:00 p.m.
BAYouth interview of Karen Chow (YouTube video)
Stop Asian Hate rally - April 10 at 1:00 p.m. in Cupertino
Foothill College COVID-19 Vaccine Education Series (April 19, April 26, May 3, May 10)
Not Throwing Away My Shot (YouTube video)
Stop Asian Hate rally – March 27 at 11:00 a.m. at Saratoga City Hall
Moody’s assigns Aaa to Foothill-De Anza CCD, CA’s 2021 GO Bonds; outlook stable (Yahoo Finance article)
American Council on Education Reimagining Transfer for Student Success
- Foothill-De Anza Community College District Faculty and Staff Community Design Workshop - March 25 - 3:00-4:30 p.m.
Joint Venture Silicon Valley State of the Valley Conference
- 2021 Silicon Valley Index
- State of the Valley Conference website
- Robert Cormia's summary of the conference
- Robert Cormia's open office hour presentation
Impressions from the February 19, 2021, Professional Development Day
Foothill College's Frank Cascarano, David Marasco, and Geoffrey Mathews selected as Airborne Astronomy Ambassadors to Bring NASA Science to Classrooms (SETI Institute press release)
The Coronavirus Is Threatening a Comeback. Here’s How to Stop It. (New York Times article)
New Stanford Research: Why Zoom meetings can wipe you out (San Jose Mercury News article)
April 26-30, 2021 - Black Student Success Week
February 26, 2021, 4:00 p.m. - Multicultural Staff Association Social Hour
Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing (YouTube recording by the Stanford Talisman Alumni Virtual Choir)
Day of Remembrance events
- February 13, 2021, 2:00 p.m. - Los Angeles Day of Remembrance
- February 14, 2021, 3:00-4:30 p.m. - San Jose Nihonmachi Outreach Committee 41st San Jose Day of Remembrance
- February 19, 2021, 6:00-7:30 p.m. - Bay Area Day of Remembrance 2021 Abolition! Reparations! Carrying the Light for Justice
- February 20-21, 2021 - 10th annual Films of Remembrance featuring retrospective of past films + special Drive-In Screening of "Farewell to Manzanar" with cast reunion
Taste of History Dreaming and Imagining recording
Bay Area Impact: The Path to a Vaccine (1/7/21 Bay Area Council webinar)
2/8/21 Palo Alto City Council study session agenda - 231 Grant Avenue proposed teacher housing project
January 13 - 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (Register HERE) - Join Assemblymember Marc Berman, Chair of the Select Committee on the Master Plan, for a virtual conversation on transfer with California Community Colleges Chancellor Eloy Ortiz Oakley, California State University Chancellor-Select Joseph I. Castro, University of California President Michael V. Drake, and Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities President Kristen Soares.
California delays start of high school football, other sports — again (San Jose Mercury News article)
Keep high school sports shut down during pandemic (Mercury News & East Bay Times Editorial Boards opinion piece)
De Anza alumnae Jeannie Mai in the news
- Jeannie Mai Net Worth and find out the real reason why she called it quits on Dancing With the Stars (Bugle24 article)
- Things You Didn't Know About Jeannie Mai (Dailyhawker post)
Link for more information on proposed changes to F1 and F2 student visas proposed by the Trump Administration that would curtail the time limit for approval to four years maximum and require federal appeals to be granted for time extension
Photo shows how coyotes in SF have become used to humans (Zaki Lisha’s coyote photo in SFGATE)
Community College Enrollment Is Way Down (New York Times article)
Is Virtual Learning Creating New Equity Gaps in Student Engagement? (Webinar recording)
Registration link for virtual conversation on the student transfer experience in California with Assemblymember Marc Berman, Chair of the Select Committee on the Master Plan, and the Campaign for College Opportunity - 10/27/20 at 1:00 p.m.
A Student Dies, and a Campus Gets Serious About Coronavirus (New York Times article)
- California Community Colleges Online Learning Overview
- California Community Colleges Online Learning Tools
- California Community Colleges Online Learning Student Support Resources
- California Community Colleges Health and Wellness Resources
Updated COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Institutions of Higher Education
Stop Expecting Life to Go Back to Normal Next Year (New York Times opinion piece)
Andy Ruble Go Fund Me
California History Center and Euphrat Museum of Art Taste of History on October 22, 2020
Family Engagement Institute's 10th anniversary celebration on October 9, 2020
Chris Kwak's student welcome video
Contact Tracing Guest Panel and Discussion/Q&A session being held October 8, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
Office of Institutional Research and Planning district enrollment reports
Go Fund Me for former Foothill College student trustee Tiffany Nguyen https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-foothill-grad-impacted-by-covid
Democracy Counts 2018: Increased Student and Institutional Engagement (Report by Tufts University Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life Instituted for Democracy in Action)
Karen Villalba Go Fund Me https://www.gofundme.com/f/karen-villlaba-was-affected-by-the-wildfire
Karen Smith Go Fund Me https://www.gofundme.com/f/karen-smith-lost-her-cabin-to-czu-wildfire?utm_source=customer&
Foothill College Go Fund Me for Evacuated Colleagues https://www.gofundme.com/f/foothill-college-fund-for-evacuated-colleagues
Central Services Classified Senate is offering support to evacuated colleagues. Please contact Monica Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or know of a Central Services colleague who needs help.
4 days per week: Monday through Thursday - 97 respondents chose this answer
Addressing Anti-Blackness on Campus: Implications for Educators and Institutions (webinar recording)
Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee application (deadline June 24)
Euphrat Museum of Art 2020 Student Art Show Art at Home Gallery - Fatema Kazi "Untitled"
Euphrat Museum of Art 2020 Student Art Show Main Gallery - Alyanna Posadas "I Belong"
Anti-racism resources suggested by meeting participants:
- "So you want to talk about race?” by Ijema Ouo
- 26 Ways to Be in the Struggle Beyond the Streets by Piper Anderson, Kay Ulanday Barrett, Ejeris Dixon, Ro Garrido, Emi Kane, Bhavana Nancherla, Deesha Narichania, Sabelo Narasimhan, Amir Rabiyah, and Meejin Richart. Design by Alana Yu-lan Price (recommended by Regina Stanback Stroud in the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office A Call to Action for California Community Colleges webinar).
- "Eye of the Storm" documentary directed by William Peters and featuring Jane Elliott
- "Let America Be America Again" by Langston Hughes
- Ally Resource Guide
- For Our White Friends Desiring to Be Allies by Courtney Ariel
- Anti-racism resources for White People compiled by Sarah Sophie Flicker, Alyssa Klein in May 2020
- "Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor" by Layla F. Saad
- Do the Work: an anti-racist reading list by Layla F. Saad
- The Loveland Foundation Therapy Fund for Black Women and Girls
- Black History Month Library
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Diversity Internship Program
- Peralta Community College District Faculty Diversity Internship Program