Chancellor's Office Hour Chat Links
Chancellor Judy Miner holds a weekly (every other week during the summer) virtual office hour on Wednesdays at 11:00 a.m. to give students, faculty, and staff the opportunity to share their thoughts and ask questions. Links to resources the chancellor mentions during her office hours are posted below for easy reference.
Keep high school sports shut down during pandemic (Mercury News & East Bay Times Editorial Boards opinion piece)
De Anza alumnae Jeannie Mai in the news
- Jeannie Mai Net Worth and find out the real reason why she called it quits on Dancing With the Stars (Bugle24 article)
- Things You Didn't Know About Jeannie Mai (Dailyhawker post)
Link for more information on proposed changes to F1 and F2 student visas proposed by the Trump Administration that would curtail the time limit for approval to four years maximum and require federal appeals to be granted for time extension
Photo shows how coyotes in SF have become used to humans (Zaki Lisha’s coyote photo in SFGATE)
Community College Enrollment Is Way Down (New York Times article)
Is Virtual Learning Creating New Equity Gaps in Student Engagement? (Webinar recording)
Registration link for virtual conversation on the student transfer experience in California with Assemblymember Marc Berman, Chair of the Select Committee on the Master Plan, and the Campaign for College Opportunity - 10/27/20 at 1:00 p.m.
A Student Dies, and a Campus Gets Serious About Coronavirus (New York Times article)
- California Community Colleges Online Learning Overview
- California Community Colleges Online Learning Tools
- California Community Colleges Online Learning Student Support Resources
- California Community Colleges Health and Wellness Resources
Updated COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Institutions of Higher Education
Stop Expecting Life to Go Back to Normal Next Year (New York Times opinion piece)
Andy Ruble Go Fund Me
California History Center and Euphrat Museum of Art Taste of History on October 22, 2020
Family Engagement Institute's 10th anniversary celebration on October 9, 2020
Chris Kwak's student welcome video
Contact Tracing Guest Panel and Discussion/Q&A session being held October 8, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
Office of Institutional Research and Planning district enrollment reports
Go Fund Me for former Foothill College student trustee Tiffany Nguyen https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-foothill-grad-impacted-by-covid
Democracy Counts 2018: Increased Student and Institutional Engagement (Report by Tufts University Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life Instituted for Democracy in Action)
Karen Villalba Go Fund Me https://www.gofundme.com/f/karen-villlaba-was-affected-by-the-wildfire
Karen Smith Go Fund Me https://www.gofundme.com/f/karen-smith-lost-her-cabin-to-czu-wildfire?utm_source=customer&
Foothill College Go Fund Me for Evacuated Colleagues https://www.gofundme.com/f/foothill-college-fund-for-evacuated-colleagues
Central Services Classified Senate is offering support to evacuated colleagues. Please contact Monica Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help or know of a Central Services colleague who needs help.
4 days per week: Monday through Thursday - 97 respondents chose this answer
Addressing Anti-Blackness on Campus: Implications for Educators and Institutions (webinar recording)
Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee application (deadline June 24)
Euphrat Museum of Art 2020 Student Art Show Art at Home Gallery - Fatema Kazi "Untitled"
Euphrat Museum of Art 2020 Student Art Show Main Gallery - Alyanna Posadas "I Belong"
Anti-racism resources suggested by meeting participants:
- "So you want to talk about race?” by Ijema Ouo
- 26 Ways to Be in the Struggle Beyond the Streets by Piper Anderson, Kay Ulanday Barrett, Ejeris Dixon, Ro Garrido, Emi Kane, Bhavana Nancherla, Deesha Narichania, Sabelo Narasimhan, Amir Rabiyah, and Meejin Richart. Design by Alana Yu-lan Price (recommended by Regina Stanback Stroud in the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office A Call to Action for California Community Colleges webinar).
- "Eye of the Storm" documentary directed by William Peters and featuring Jane Elliott
- "Let America Be America Again" by Langston Hughes
- Ally Resource Guide
- For Our White Friends Desiring to Be Allies by Courtney Ariel
- Anti-racism resources for White People compiled by Sarah Sophie Flicker, Alyssa Klein in May 2020
- "Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor" by Layla F. Saad
- Do the Work: an anti-racist reading list by Layla F. Saad
- The Loveland Foundation Therapy Fund for Black Women and Girls
- Black History Month Library
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Diversity Internship Program
- Peralta Community College District Faculty Diversity Internship Program